Sametime SSO with notes basic client in Sametime 12

Hello,

i have a customer that is using

  • only Notes basic clients (V11)
  • Sametime V11 (Chat only)
  • Sametime SSO via ltpa within the notes basic client

This is working with sametime 11, because the st11 server is a domino server to genereate the ltpa key.

I installed a new st12 environment (docker/podman) with chat only.

Sametime SSO is configured via an existing domino server
(SSO server = domino host; sametime server is a different host).

This is working for Notes rich clients, because i can enter a different authentication server for my ltpa login.

But for the Notes basic client i do not have any options; i can only set the sametime server within the location document

Is there a way to set the authentication server for basic client as well ?

Hi Alexander,

Please open a support case for an official answer. I am going off of memory here, but I do not think token authentication is supported in the basic client. I know we don't support SAML in the Notes basic client, and I'm thinking we do not support LTPA token authentication either.

Thanks,

Casey Toole

Senior Software Engineer, HCLSoftware

Hello Casey,

yes there is an option within notes basic client to support ltpa sso login to sametime and this is working until sametime 11.6 server.

There is also an INI parameter IM_ENABLE_SSO=1 to set this value.

But i cant find a parameter to define a different SSO host other than the st server (now needed with st12).

Please open a case with support. I do not recall any parameter for setting the host, maybe they will know for sure. I believe we were using the Domino server that Sametime was running on to create the LTPA token.

Is there a reason they can't run the standard client instead? The standard clients are easier to configure; you can just implement managed settings.