Sametime premium audio/video not working

Hello,

I installed a test server with Centos 7 / Docker / Sametime Premium 12.0.1FP1 (same issues with 12.0 e 12.0.1 anyway). I am an experienced Domino administrator but first time for me on Sametime Premium.


Everything seems fine, I can login, create meetings and start them, other registered users and guests can connect to the meetings, but there is no video/audio connection. Raised hands are OK, chat is OK, I can see my own video but others cannot. If I share my screen they get the "user name is presenting" alert but no video shown.

Connection to mongoDB is OK and also LDAP on a domino server.

Everyone is in the same LAN and there are no port limitations, port 10000 UDP seems OK and assigned to the correct container "meetings-jvb..."

What else can I check?
Thanks in avdance for your support

The first thing I would check is the JVB logs (docker compose logs jvb) and see what public IP was returned (look for the word "discovered") and if that was what I expected - sometimes it isn't.

If that doesn't give you the answer - open a case and we can review with you.

Hi, thanks for your answer

I'm not so experienced with docker
i tried but

[root@sametime12 ~]# docker compose logs jvb
no configuration file provided: not found

In the meantime I also opened a case on support portal

On Docker you may need to set the dockerhost entry for a/v to work with your ip, as described from Daniel here https://bityl.co/MCGs

file: custom.env

entry: DOCKER_HOST_ADDRESS=172.16.10.130

Also check if the sametime host/dns is registered within your dns.

It could also help if you check the browserlogs (developertools or strg+shift+i) before trying to start a/v.

Hi Alexander,

great!

the DOCKER_HOST_ADDRESS was blank, I filled it in and works perfectly

thanks for your help !!

Cristiano

Hi Pragma,

I have installed with Ambassador HCL the Sametime and now work correctly for external and internal user.

Verified this setting:

in custom.env

# IP address of the Docker host. Check LAN configuration of the system. If the host has multiple interfaces,
# choose the one which is considered the routable IP for the host.
DOCKER_HOST_ADDRESS=<your IP server sametime>


in file .env:
# STUN servers used to discover the server's public IP.
JVB_STUN_SERVERS=stun.l.google.com:19302,stun1.l.google.com:19302,stun2.l.google.com:19302

Ferified:
# Media port for the Jitsi Videobridge
JVB_PORT=10000

# TCP Fallback for Jitsi Videobridge for when UDP isn't available
JVB_TCP_HARVESTER_DISABLED=false
JVB_TCP_PORT=4443
JVB_TCP_MAPPED_PORT=4443


Set the extrahost if use Red Hat 8 or Centos8 or Oracle Linux 8

https://help.hcltechsw.com/sametime/1201/admin/t_installing_docker_extrahosts.html

If you use the sametime for external user I recommend using a turn server to bypass the Firewall blocks of some clients on UPD port 10000

https://help.hcltechsw.com/sametime/1201/admin/turnserver_centos.html