Let's Encrypt seems not working

Hi everybody

I installed from scratch Sametime_Premium_12.0.1_FP1 on an AlmaLinux9 server with mongodb 6, all the parameters are left as defaults.

As is installed Sametime seems to works but clearly the browsers complains for the SSL key.

Then I filled in the Let's Encrypt session in .env and docker-compose.yml files and run

docker-compose down
docker-compose up -d

(I tried them separately and toghether) but the key is not generated and the log swows a endless sequence of:

sametime_install-nginx-1 | seteuid: Operation not permitted
sametime_install-nginx-1 | nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/config/acme-certs/<mydomain>/fullchain.pem": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/config/acme-certs/<mydomain>/fullchain.pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)

I am sure I did this before with a 12.0.1 and a older AlmaLinux version (I think it was 8)

does any of you ave an idea on what am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance

tommaso

The print is referring to a folder location with "<mydomain>" - which is a variable that needs to be set in config - and the folder location where the certs are placed needs to match that path.

If that doesn't help, please open a case so that we can assist you.

I wrote <mydomain> in place of the url of sametime server that is correctly written in the log

I will open the case

thanks

t

The integration with Let's Encrypt is broken in ST12.0.1 FP1. However, you can still make it work.

You can find the workaround in the attached PDF.

HCL Sametime v12.0.1_LetsEncrypt.pdf

it works

thanks a lot

tommaso