java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/crypto/provider/SunJCE

I’m not sure if this is a Domino question or a Java question, but I’ll start here. I’ve got an agent which uses Java cryptography to encrypt a bit of data, which will be passed on elsewhere. After editing my java.security file and putting the jce .jars in the lib/ext directory on my client, I can get the agent to compile, but when I try to run it on the server, I get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/crypto/provider/SunJCE

I’ve put the same files in place on the server and made the same modifications to the server’s java.security file, but it continues to act as though the SunJCE library doesn’t exist. I’ve even tested it with a bit of code which checks the available providers (using Security.getProviders() from java.security.Security). Sure enough, the client is aware of the SunJCE provider and the server isn’t.

So, then, any suggestions on what I should do?

Subject: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/crypto/provider/SunJCE

If you’ve added the entry in the your “java.security” file, presumably something like this:

security.provider.4=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

It may just be that you need to restart the server – have you done that since making the change?

dgg

Subject: RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/crypto/provider/SunJCE

HiI am sitting with similar problem maybee one off you Could solve.

I am trying to Import a Certificate so I can post Encryptet Text.

I am using the Keytool.exe as mention in the Thread posted in this Forum About HTTPS Connection.

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.nsf/ShowMyTopicsAllFlatweb/ea5a5ae592deee2085256dd6002f0c81?OpenDocument

But I get the a error “Input not an X.509 certificate”

What I am doing Wrong??